Thursday, November 3, 2011

long over-due update

Time to clear the cobwebs here...I've been neglecting my blog a bit...I really have been doing a bit over the past few months. For starters I am selling my crochet products in a small store here in the next town over. :) I am super excited to be included there. The store is Sprout Learning Resources in Alachua, FL. They focus on childrens educational toys and supplies for teachers.  I've also been trying to set up crochet classes at the store, hopefully soon I will have my first group to instruct.  I've been, as you can imagine, busy crafting, I have also started spinning and dying some yarn of my own.


I can also finally announce that my husbands probationary period with his new job is up so I can brag that he now is an official Dive Rite employee. He's the new service manager/customer service rep. It's pretty much the perfect job for him and we are both so happy that he is a part of the team.  This has been a dream come true for us, the timing, everything has been just unbelievable! Needless to say, we've both been cave diving a LOT over the past few months. In fact, I've been diving at least once a week since we've been here (some weeks more like two or three times). Here are some fabulous shots from one of my latest excursions at Ginnie Springs:




I still have yet to really start full on marketing here, mostly because I am still getting things settled here and taking some time to shoot for myself and enjoy my free time with my little one. I think after the holidays I may start thinking more seriously about getting back into the business end of things. I just am not there right now, though I do miss meeting new clients and taking portraits. Maybe I'll warm up by doing a few trade sessions or something similar once I get more focused again.

Anyhow, Thanksgiving is coming up, and I'll have my first visitors to our new place. My mom and brothers will be here. I am very excited to show them around the area and take my brothers diving with me. :) Hopefully I won't get too caught up again and let this blog get all dusty again!

No comments:

Post a Comment