Sunday, December 18, 2011

I'm feeling creative!

Long time between blogs, I know! I'm horrible at keeping up with these things sometimes. I've had a bit going on the past few weeks.

First, I've been shooting a bit underwater. It's something that I've wanted to start focusing on for a few years. Finally I have a lot more opportunity and time to do it. I've added several shots to my underwater/underground section on my website. I am getting much more comfortable with the gear and have seen great improvement in my shots there over the past year. Always great to see and know you're improving and learning more and more. Though, I still have a lot to learn. 

I've been given two pretty big opportunities lately, things that could really jump start my career in a serious way/direction here. The first is some product work for a major dive manufacturer. I had the chance to photograph some product for Dive Rite for use on their webpage and in dealer emails. Take a look at my shot and the screen capture below:



This is VERY exciting for me! This is officially the first work I've had published! As a diver myself, it's kind of a big deal.

Dive Rite is a company that produces some wonderful equipment. In fact, before we moved here to Florida our dive shop in North Carolina was a Dive Rite dealer. We always loved the products that came in to our shop and raved about the quality of the equipment they produced. Dive Rite is a pretty big name in the industry and it's just amazing to have my photography on their site.

The second opportunity is in the works, so I can't give away too many details. But I will say that a pretty well known individual in the cave diving community is taking a chance on a relative new-comer (me). I'll get the chance to photograph and hopefully write and publish an article about it, it certainly warrants it. This could be the opportunity that gets me in the door so to speak. I'm beyond words blown away that I would be given a shot like this and so soon after moving here. I'm just very honored and am looking forward to sharing more as this progresses.


For now, I'm going to keep getting in the water with or without my camera and enjoy the fabulous diving! I'll leave you with the link to my underwater work on my site so you can check out the new shots!

http://krbernotphotography.com/index2.php#/fgallery/1/

No comments:

Post a Comment