Friday, June 1, 2012

And we're off....

Well, as I blogged last time, I was waiting on a few big things to happen. First, I have my passport! I hadn't ever had a passport before so this is pretty exciting and I am SO ready for my trip to Mexico! I also have my own copy of my magazine submission.




The cover and the inside photos are my work, my husband wrote the article that accompanies the photography. I know this won't be the last time I submit to this magazine (or others) but it will always hold a special place in my heart since it was the first. They did a very good job with the layout, and it was exciting to see that my article was the center spread for the magazine.

I also can finally share some VERY exciting news! I have been picked to be the team photographer for the Silver Glen Springs Exploration Project. The project is led by cartographer Eric Hutcheson, who created the maps for the system nearly 20 years ago.


He is returning to cave diving and this system after being in a motorcycle accident that took his ability to dive from him for over ten years. As a team, we are going to explore, document and share updated information with the National Forestry Service and others about this system. This is all very exciting and I am looking forward to creating and sharing many great captures from this awesome project.  Here is just a peek at some stills I shot on my first dive in this gorgeous system.




Keep posted, I'll have more to share soon! I have updated my site with new work, and hope to have much more to share in the near future.





No comments:

Post a Comment