Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Motivation finally hit me to update my sadly underused blog. Of course I have been incredibly busy this year! I've been published now several times and also interviewed about cave diving twice. It's been a very cool experience so far and I'm always excited to share and talk about the things I do and love.

I've been working on some training of my own and hope that in the next year I will be both a rebreather diver, certified on the Dive Rite O2ptima, and an open water instructor as well. It's been a dream of mine to be an instructor since I first started diving. I've worked as a divemaster and always loved seeing the joy that learning SCUBA brings to people. It reminds me of the joy it brings to me, and the first moments of my journey. I've come a long way but I'll still never forget that first pool dive.

Some of the biggest news I've had in recent months is that I've been asked to speak at the yearly seminar for the National Association for Cave Diving. I'll be speaking a little about the ongoing project at Silver Glen and also about what it is like to create art while working in overhead environments. I have to admit, I'm a little nervous....I've never spoke to such a large crowd about these things, so I'm crossing my fingers that everything goes well! I'm also designing the T-Shirt for this years event! I'm really proud of the design and looking forward to seeing the final product. I also have some even bigger news: I've been selected as Chair for the Photography Committee for the National Speleological Society - Cave Diving Section! Since becoming a cave diver I have longed to help out the organization of which I am both a member and a certified diver. I am proud to take on this position and am currently assembling a team of other amazing underwater cave photographers to help me in this endeavor. I am looking forward to serving the CDS in every manner I can by helping to ensure it is marketed in the best possible light through the use of imagery.

I have been doing TONS of diving and this year earned my Abe Davis Award for reaching 100 safe cave dives post full cave training while on a trip cave diving in Mexico. I am steadily racking up my next 100. I've been diversifying my portfolio with some underwater editorial portraits which I am quite excited about! I've also had the opportunity to be involved in a photoshoot for PADI's new sidemount program. The new manual will have images of me and a few other highly trained sidemounters. I am looking forward to seeing it in print!

So much going on and I hope to keep up the pace and than some in the coming year.

I'll leave you with some current images:







No comments:

Post a Comment